My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Greece

A thing of beauty is a joy forever
Its loveliness increases
It will never pass into nothingness
But still will keep a bower quiet for us
And a sleep full of sweet dreams and health and quiet breathing
Endymion,J.Keats
End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back and all change to silver glass and then you see it.White shores and beyond. A far green country under a swift sunrise
Gandalf
Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition
I.Asimov
Our loyalties are to the species and the planet. We speak for Earth. Our obligation to survive is owed not just to ourselves but also to that Cosmos ancient and vast from which we spring
C. Sagan
'O me!O life! of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless--of cities filled with the foolish;what good amid these,O me,O life?
Answer.That you are here that life exists,and identity;that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.'
W.Whitman

Thursday, January 12, 2006


Passion.......such a simple word. A small word. We use it everyday in insignificant sentences.

And yet......such a large word.

I miss passion. The kind of passion that sweeps you of your feet. The kind that would make one change a life. The kind that breaks barriers, and makes songs, and paintings and music and works or art.

The kind that breaks your heart forever and ever. The kind that you remember when you are old. The kind that transforms the grey curtain of everyday life into the colourful true world.

The kind that inspired Da Vinci and Verdi and Puccini and Keats.

Passion. A small and insignificant word.

I realise now how long it has been since I have felt it in my very soul. And I miss it so very much.

As Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel said :

"Nothing great in the world has been achieved without passion"

And Federico Fellini :

"There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the passion of life"

And for those who say that passion is to be controlled, or feared I answer with the word of D.H Lawrence:

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot."

As for those who say are reasonable, who say are governed only by reason Francois de la Rochefoucauld says :

"If we resist our passions, it is more through their weakness than from our strength"

And at last, even though not my favourite when it comes to philosophy, Bertrand Russel describes me :

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

Passion is what keeps you alive...but still it can crash you down to the deepest sea where the silence of the void can be so loud..you only want to scream but there is no voice in you...nothing! speechless and frightened you stay in the dark , drowning in your very thoughts. I sought for this passion for long and now that I can feel it again, it's emptiness , it's loneliness tears me apart , burns me with this own fire that made me , and leaves me wondering were did I fail?..

2:02 am  
Blogger Tatiana said...

Well.......it is my opinion that all people who are capable of strong emotions are inevvitably destined also for the darkest despair.

If you can love deeply and passionately than ultimately you will hurt just as much...and then some more.

What can you do? Well not much really, fight and endure and hope.

Love is always hopefull no matter if it is not appreciatted or returned. Love is in itself a power, a power of goodness.

Also, you can try to protect yourself from people who you know harm you.

Always remember who you are. No mater what anyone thinks of you, or tries to make you feel and think about yourself always remember who you are.

And try to brake off harmfull relationships.

As Baz Lurhman says "If you succeed in doing this tell me how"

Listen to the "Sunscreen Song" by Baz Lurhman.

And whenever anyone tells you anything "profound" call his bluff!

4:18 pm  
Blogger Esther said...

Α heard again after a long time a beautiful song by "Journey", Rock back in the 80's, "Separate ways" it brought tears to my eyes though I hid well..it says: "If he ever hurt you - true love won't desert you"....I'll try to remember this..

5:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home