My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Greece

A thing of beauty is a joy forever
Its loveliness increases
It will never pass into nothingness
But still will keep a bower quiet for us
And a sleep full of sweet dreams and health and quiet breathing
Endymion,J.Keats
End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back and all change to silver glass and then you see it.White shores and beyond. A far green country under a swift sunrise
Gandalf
Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition
I.Asimov
Our loyalties are to the species and the planet. We speak for Earth. Our obligation to survive is owed not just to ourselves but also to that Cosmos ancient and vast from which we spring
C. Sagan
'O me!O life! of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless--of cities filled with the foolish;what good amid these,O me,O life?
Answer.That you are here that life exists,and identity;that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.'
W.Whitman

Monday, February 13, 2006



So I've been away for a while, rather difficult time for me but I really don't feel like talking about it. However on Friday 10/2/2006 I had the chance to watch the Torino Olympic Winter Games Opening Ceremony which was simply....stunning:)

Besides the fireworks and Ferarri and the magnificent athletes carrying fire torches on their backs on rollesskates, besides the fabulous lightning of the Olympic Torch the Italians managed to make me smile with tears in my eyes one more time. At the end of the ceremony a giant stage was set and there appearred Luciano Pavarotti singing my favourite aria, Nessun Dorma, the last aria Puccini ever composed. 'Vincero!'

As Alexis Kostalas says every Olympic Opening Ceremony has its own pulse, its own rythm, its own personal signature, which is mostly defined by the lightning of the torch.

I love the Olympics!

'In the name of all competitors,
I promise that we will take part in these Games,
sustaining and obiding by the rules that govern them,
for the glory of the Sport and the honour of the Team'

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tatiana said...

Everyone has Valentine's Day its one of the world's universal celebrations....even more than Xmas:)

I find the necessity to have someone to celebrate it with depressing. I have spent Valentine's Day with boyfriends and without. I can tell you my worst ones were with....probably because you try to force yourslef to have fun or celebrate something like love that you end up fighting or if you do not celebrate you feel depressed....etc etc you know.

I was working all day yesterday so I didn't even realise it was Valentine's Day......

How are u?

5:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home