My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Greece

A thing of beauty is a joy forever
Its loveliness increases
It will never pass into nothingness
But still will keep a bower quiet for us
And a sleep full of sweet dreams and health and quiet breathing
Endymion,J.Keats
End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back and all change to silver glass and then you see it.White shores and beyond. A far green country under a swift sunrise
Gandalf
Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition
I.Asimov
Our loyalties are to the species and the planet. We speak for Earth. Our obligation to survive is owed not just to ourselves but also to that Cosmos ancient and vast from which we spring
C. Sagan
'O me!O life! of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless--of cities filled with the foolish;what good amid these,O me,O life?
Answer.That you are here that life exists,and identity;that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.'
W.Whitman

Sunday, September 24, 2006

One life. Live it well

Driving home tonight after being with the guys of work suddenly, like a beam of light (maybe it had something to do with Bruce Springsteen singing Santa Claus is coming back to town) I remembered Xmas.......and I thought no matter how dark lately my life has been.....Xmas is coming again.

And I have been loved. I have been a child sitting by the Xmas tree a Xmas eve, after everyone had gone to bed, with all the lights off, only the lights of the tree, daydreaming of my life to come, with the absolute warmth of certainty of being loved. Loved by my grandfather, my grandmother, my mother.

And Xmas is coming. And I have seen Ble live in concert a starlight night without knowing or expecting it. And I have seen Baryshnikov live. I have walked the ancient grounds of Stonehenge, have seen the sun set behind the Great Pyramid of Giza, have danced on a boat going down the Nile, have slept under the night sky in the Sahara.

I have loved in Prague and danced in the great halls of Hofburg in the Vienna Grand Ball.

I have seen the great halls of Alhabra, heard the birds in the garden of the Khalif, have stralled down the streets of Florence and seen the Mona Lisa up close and personal in the Louvre.

And Xmas is coming.

The gifts of life.

And after almost 18 years, without ever even hoping of something like this, a dream of mine has come true. In two months I am going to meet RDA in person. My only true role model, the man after whom I have molded the sculpture of my personality, my ethics, my beliefs, my fights.

And Xmas is coming.

And I feel life again, fearlessly travelling in my veins, like a fine wine with all the strength of the earth and the warmth of the sun and the sweetness of the spring rain. Like nectar from Samos.

Because, after all.......I am still here. Still me. I am still here, I exist and my head is still unbowed. And this time I am smiling:-)

True strength comes only from within us, from our own investment to our spirit and soul.

I have been true and honest and fought the good fight with devotion and passion. I have lost maybe but I stilll have me, I have not yielded to the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at all.

My fire is still alive, maybe trembling sometimes but still alive and as a phoenix ready to be rekindled.

After all........I am a dragon :-) And dragons are magical beasts.....brave and alone and fighting the good fight. Noone can bare being close to a dragon. The strength and innocent honesty and absolute passion and morality and pride and dedication are too much for anyone to bare. Its easier to be near kittens. Dragons are.....too much. And they only keep company with other dragons.

(I am listening to Nitro and the song is Strong Enough by Cher :

I dont need your sympathy
Theres nothing you can say or do for me
And I dont want a miracle
Youll never change for no one

I hear your reasons why
Where did you sleep last night?
And was she worth it, was she worth it?

cos Im strong enough
To live without you
Strong enough and I quit crying
Long enough now Im strong enough
To know you gotta go

Theres no more to say
So save your breath
And then walk away
No matter what I hear you say
Im strong enough to know you gotta go

So you feel misunderstood
Baby, have I got news for you
On being used, I could write a book
You dont wanna hear about it

Ive been losing sleep
Youve been going cheap
She aint worth half of me its true
Im telling you

Now Im strong enough to live without you
Strong enough and I quit crying
Long enough now Im strong enough
To know you gotta go

Come hell or waters high
Youll never see me cry
This is our last goodbye, its true

Im telling you
That Im strong enough to live without you
Stron enough and I quit crying
Long enough now Im strong enough
To know you gotta go

Theres no more to say
So save your breath
And you walk away
No matter what I hear you say
Im strong enough to know you gotta go

)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home