My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Greece

A thing of beauty is a joy forever
Its loveliness increases
It will never pass into nothingness
But still will keep a bower quiet for us
And a sleep full of sweet dreams and health and quiet breathing
Endymion,J.Keats
End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back and all change to silver glass and then you see it.White shores and beyond. A far green country under a swift sunrise
Gandalf
Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition
I.Asimov
Our loyalties are to the species and the planet. We speak for Earth. Our obligation to survive is owed not just to ourselves but also to that Cosmos ancient and vast from which we spring
C. Sagan
'O me!O life! of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless--of cities filled with the foolish;what good amid these,O me,O life?
Answer.That you are here that life exists,and identity;that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.'
W.Whitman

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Sometimes it's better to let others speak for you......I'm too tired to speak for myself now.....but I want to ....

"We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde

"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
-Sarah Williams (1837-1868)

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight,
and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
-Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

"The scientist does not study nature because it is useful; he studies it because he delights in it, and he delights in it because it is beautiful.
If nature were not beautiful, it would not be worth knowing, and if nature were not worth knowing, life would not be worth living."
-Jules Henri Poincare

"To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd
as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow."
-Metrodorus of Chios (4th century B.C.)

"Ye stars! Which are the poetry of heaven!"
-Lord Byron (1788-1824)

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here,
it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

hey friend , I hope you're better . I am really also not in the mood to write something now so I undestand you . I hope it's just not "silence before the storm"!!!
kisses
I'll call you at the office, byeeeeeeeee

3:17 pm  
Blogger Tatiana said...

Thank you:)

Well I've known this comment for quite a while and haven't heard of it being attributed to anyone but Oscar Wilde......

3:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home